Welcome to our kitchen!

We believe that anyone can create fresh, flavorful meals - and have fun doing it - so we want to share our experiences, recipes, and tips for anyone who wants to give it a try!

All of the recipes we post will be tailored to serve two, unless otherwise noted.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Restaurant review: The Cosmopolitan Cafe, San Francisco

I have been spending nearly all of my time lately on business and personal travel, so Erich and I have not had much time together in the kitchen. So in the meantime, I'll share some of my culinary experiences from the road.

Located just off the Embarcadero, in a less touristy area of San Francisco, The Cosmopolitan Cafe was the right choice for good food in a relaxed environment. The menu was somewhat limited and moderately priced. Nothing really jumped out at me, which is surprising...I'm usually a sucker for any fish or seafood preparation. I ended up going with the Ricotta Gnocchi with mushrooms, peas and pancetta, and was pleasantly surprised! The dish was just the right size and combination of ingredients, and the flavor was excellent.

I'll admit that I was a little worried at first, because the restaurant was next to empty. The service was questionable - I asked the server for a dirty martini and he asked if I would like a lemon twist or an olive. But the drink was excellent, as was the food. I think everyone in our party was pleased.

Website: http://www.thecosmopolitancafe.com/index_cos.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment